Garlic, bacon and crispy potatoes – what more could you ask more?!!
Add and subtract ingredients as you like to this recipe. Sweet potatoes or any root vegetables would work great instead of potatoes. Chorizo would be a very delicious addition. Or spice things up with some paprika, chilli or curry powder.
These home fries are a very tasty side with any main dish or make a quick and easy brunch served with some eggs and leafy greens.
Serves 6 as a side.
- 4 large potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 100g bacon lardons/rashers/streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Halve the potatoes and cook on high in the microwave for 8 minutes or steam until just tender. This gently cooks the potatoes which allows a much more crispier but still fluffy finish in the oven.
- Preheat an oven to 220°C/200°C fan/475°F and place the garlic, bacon and olive oil in a large baking tray or ovenproof dish.
- Chop the potatoes into chunks and add to the ovenproof dish.
- Combine all the ingredients together and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until crispy. Stir the potatoes once or twice to ensure an even colour.
- Before serving, squeeze the garlic cloves from their skin and return to the dish.