Quick, easy and nutritious is what this bake offers! Turkey is a great source of lean protein but substitute with chicken if you aren’t a major fan.
The sauce also works as a base to make a healthy cauliflower cheese type dish.
If using uncooked quinoa grain, halve the weight below and combine with double the weight in water. Place in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce to a simmer and allow to cook until all the water is absorbed.
Serve the bake alongside a green leafy salad, steamed vegetables or a baked sweet potato.
- 300g broccoli florets
- 200g cauliflower florets
- 300g yoghurt (natural or Greek)
- 100g creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 300g cooked and cooled quinoa
- 900g turkey breast meat
- handful of flaked almonds
- Place the salt and broccoli and cauliflower florets in a large saucepan, cover with boiling hot water and blanch for 5 minutes until tender. Strain and refresh under cold running water until cool. Set aside for later.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together the yoghurt, creme fraiche, mustard, flour, curry powder, spices and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Evenly spread the cooled quinoa over the base of a large oven-proof dish.
- Cut the turkey into bite-sized pieces and gently brown in a frying pan with a little coconut oil.
- Place the browned turkey pieces into the prepared sauce, add the broccoli and cauliflower and combine everything together until well coated.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mix over the quinoa. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake in an oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F for 30-40 mins until it begins to brown.
Just back from travelling the world on a year away from work as a Chartered Physiotherapist and the Gaelic football field with her native Tipperary and club Foxrock-Cabinteely. A passionate lover of all food, Sinéad Delahunty shares her kitchen creations through her food blog – Delalicious and has teamed up with Sportswomen.ie to provide recipes and foodie athlete interviews. She focuses on inspiring others to fuel their lives through healthy, wholesome and natural food with quick and easy recipes for all.
Check out her blog, www.delalicious.com for more recipe inspiration or follow her on social media for more Delalicious delights.