A testimonial will be held at Fitzwilliam on Saturday 21st November to honour IRELAND’S most successful female squash player. Madeline Perry reached a career high world ranking of Number 3 in 2010. She stayed top 10 in the world rankings for most of her professional career, spanning 18 years, right up to her retirement this year. She played for IRELAND over 130 times and won a silver and bronze medal with Ireland in the European Team Championships within the last 3 years, along with Laura Mylotte, Ciara Moloney and Aisling Blake.
Indeed she is one of Ireland’s most successful sportswomen and has been a monthly winner of the Irish Times Sportswomen Awards 8 times out of the last 10 years. She won the award for May this year, having won the Irish Open again (for the 6th time) in April and the European Bronze. In February she won her 15th national title, a truly amazing achievement.
Saturday 21st November at the Fitzwilliam LTC, Dublin is the date and venue. A match vs the World No. 12 Sarah Jane Perry of England is the main event, with a mixed doubles match, also involving Brian Byrne and Derek Ryan, taking place after the singles game. All the squash is followed by a buffet meal with the evening finished off with a auction of sporting memorabilia.
Tickets are €30/£25 and can purchased at the desk in Fitzwilliam.
After the squash and the meal on Saturday evening at 7.30/8pm, an auction will be held with an array of sporting items signed by some of the top squash players in the world and some of Ireland’s top sports stars, including Johnny Sexton, Padraig Harrington and Rory McIlroy. There are some weekend breaks in Belfast along with some cherished concert tickets and much more. Details below.
To give people an opportunity to bid in advance of the auction, we are asking people to bid on-line. Sent your bids to email@example.com along with your mobile and e-mail address. Bids can be taken by e-mail up to 6pm, if you want to phone in during or just before the auction with a bid, phone 086 8268653.
* 2 Tickets for U2 concert in the 3 Arena, Friday 27th November in super seats. Face value of 1 Ticket is €191 plus service charge. One of the concerts of the year, sold out of course so a highly prized item.
* Culloden Estate & Spa, Hollywood, Belfast, one of Belfast’s most luxurious hotels, set on the shores of Belfast Lough in an old Victorian mansion. A 2 night stay for a couple with full Irish breakfast and dinner on one evening plus one 55 minute Spa treatment.
* Squash Shirt signed by Ramy Ashour, reached World No 1 in 2010 at 22 yrs. Has won 37 PSA titles and currently World No.4.
*Shirt signed by Raneem El Welily (name is printed on back of the shirt as well as the signature on the front)-current women’s world No. 1.
* Shirt signed by Mohamed Elshorbagy – World No.1 (shirt signed at Men’s World Champs currently on in Seattle).
* Giant squash ball signed by Jahangir Khan.
* Weekend for Two at the Wellington Park Hotel, situated on the Malone Road is beside Queens University, Ulster Museum & the Botanic Gardens..
* 2 tickets for Simply Red at 3 Arena on Tues 1st Dec.
* Irish Times – 2 Subscriptions for the Digital Edition – Worth €144 each.
* Signed Irish Rugby Jersey signed by Johnny Sexton.
* Shirt signed by Padraig Harrington.
* Self Defence course by Ed Dunne.
* Long standing World No. 1 Nichol David has donated a signed shirt from when she won Gold at the Asian Games.
* Ball signed by Ulster Rugby Internationals.
* Nike Golf Shirt signed by Rory McIlroy. The shirt will be personalised to whoever buys it. A perfect Christmas present for some lucky golf fan.
* GillenMarkets Two places at any of GillenMarkets 1-day investment training seminars held in Dublin at various times during the year (next seminar is on Sat, 5th March 2016). The retail value of the two places is €598.
* Shirt signed by Laura Massaro current World No.3.
* France’s Greg Gaultier Men’s World No.3 also donated a signed shirt.
* Munster rugby shirt signed by Paul O’Connell.
* A Massage & coaching package by Derek Ryan.
* There will also be some hampers, 2 x magnum of wine and some other items there on the night